IGNORED

Intercom Clicking Noise Located I Hope

Well this is really a two part post clicking noise and bolts that hold light bar in place. First once I finally got the two bolts out (liquid wrench saved the day soaked for about two days) I got fairing off and starting to look seems there is a plug off the radio as a matter of fact there are two both small wires coming off radio. One had a long pug in like mic plug that you would plug for say speakers from TV but one wire with long plug female had small male plug going into it plug about two to three inches long. When I unplugged that the noise quit. There was a smaller plug but it had no effect one way or the other. No sure where that large plug went maybe to CB which I never use but it stopped the clicking noise and when you plugged it back in wow it started again. Now I think the noise will be gone have not ridden bike yet but tested with wife and my helmet no noise in either with motor running. Last but not least put fairing all back on then light bar (here is where the problem started) Those bolts that were so hard to break loose would not start no way spent about thirty minutes trying they would start a little then stop. Finally two choices drill out holes and put regular bolt in with nut on back or try to work them in a little at a time my guess the stainless cutting new threads into aluminum. That was what I did and it took about an hour to turn bolt a little and back then forward and back finally got them in and tight however question will they come back out time will tell if I have to go back into faring again. Sure hope that is a long time off lol. Anyway next ride will tell if noise is gone if not we will just not talk on a ride unless something better comes along and with my loss of some hearing it may not matter. It has been a real mess but I guess a good riding day will put it all in the past or at least I hope so. Hope some of this helps someone as to clicking noise. My bike is a 99 RSV

Well the ticking noise is gone as I posted what I found and did to get it gone. Rode today and wife and I talked along the ride with no static or ticking what a nice ride day. Maybe what I found will help someone with their noise(ticking) problem. Thanks for those of you that gave me directions along the way.

If you decide you would like to solve this problem AND use your CB, all you need to do is take the tank off and re-route your CB cable away from the ignition coils. You showed that the source of your ticking is from the CB cable :thumbsup2:

Amazing how much of a difference it makes to NOT have that annoying ticking in the headsets, eh? I know I sure enjoyed mine a LOT more once I routed my cables properly and got rid of the annoying tick. :big-grin-emoticon: At least then I had the OPTION to listing to something annoying from the back seat or not :duck::duck: