IGNORED

Will '90 body parts fit an '83?

I have an opportunity to buy a '90 venture with nice paint. Since the bike doesn't run, I can pick it up at a good price. Would the body fit my '83 if I used the 90 mounting hardware? it would be cheaper than a paint job. I like the larger bags for my long trips. Thanks Al

Yes they will but you will need to do some extra swapping to make it all work! Fairing frames and rear subframe are needed along with a few extras for the complete change. Some parts, such as the upper fairing etc bolt right on...

Everything you nee should be on the '90 bike you buy

Rear luggage is all different, I have both an 83 and an 89, the 89 luggage is rigid mounted, the 83 is removable, depends on your preference, in some way I may like the Mk1 luggage because I can remove them like suitcases.

I know for a fact the windshield is the same, a Slipstreamer s 140m I think is a current replacement for the Venture. At least for either the 83 or 89. Trim and headlight is different.

Don't know if side panels are the same, I think at the least the 83 is solid where the 89 Royale has louvers.