IGNORED

Whats you favorite brand of tire?

homey1

We just finished a month trip from Michigan to Sacramento, up into Montana, down to sturgis and back home.. Left with a new 404, bald in Fairfield Utah and bald when we got home.. Bottom line on the 404 is, like already mentioned, it doesnt wear good in heat or the extra weight of two riders and loaded up for tent camping BUT for rainy mountain riding they are awesome!!.. I always used e-2's in the past and had really good results, with 3 times the mileage on the rear.. I have yet to try the 3's but hear really good things about them..

Has anyone tryed the new "dual compound" tires? Talked with lots of folks about them out west and had a couple guys mention delamination due to high tempature riding.. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I also do my own tire changes on the road, I really wish the manufactures would match front and rear rim sizes so you could carry 1 spare tire (off rim of course) for road travel.. Tippy and I are thinking of riding down to Quademala and this is one of the issues I am contemplating..

Puc