IGNORED

scary moment

garyw

I had a very scary moment earlier today. I was doing an oil change getting ready for the International coming up next week. I had my RSV in a floor standing wheel chock as I have used many times in the past. I had the rear wheel chocked and was laying on a piece of carpet installing the new filter. As I was giving the filter the last little umph of tightening the front wheel starting turning to the right coming out of the wheel chock. I normally have the kickstand down and blocks under it as a just in case but for some reason I cut a corner and thought it wasn't necessary this time. Well needless to say, the bike started coming down on top of me! Holy Crap! was all I could think of as this 800+ pounder was laying over. Fortunately, I was able to push away with only a red mark left on my right wrist (what hit it I have no idea) and my left arm still under the bike. The bike landed softly onto the carpet so it didn't even leave a scratch on the crash bars which saved my arm and probably my life as well. After getting my heart started again I was amazed at the fact that I was able to get the bike upright again without much problem. No damage done but what a lesson I learned. Hopefully sharing this will make others think twice before doing something that could be unsafe. And yes, I just ordered a Carbon One lift adapter. Anyone need a wheel chock?

Glad you didnt get hurt. For oil changes and when I wash the bike I have a 4x4 block with a space in the center chisled out to accomodate the side stand. It keeps the bike nearly level and you can swing the bars to the left to keep it stable.