IGNORED

RSTD Baron Front Fork Lowering Kit.

royal rider45

Hi..First post here.

I am going to start to lower my 2005 RSTD next week. The back should be easy enough will be taking the wheel off to replace the rubber as well as the front.

Can some one please direct me to the correct link for instructions to where the two spacers from the Baron Front fork kit are to be located in the fork assembly. Will take pictures of the teardown of the bike front and back as well as upgrading the handlebars to Flanders.

[ATTACH]76660[/ATTACH]

Edited by royal rider45

My RSTD was lowered a few years ago. On the front, we did not use the spacers, so I can't answer the question.

I just tried to download the Barons PDF but it appears to be "MIA".

I read their description. It says you can lower the RSTD front 1 1/2". You cannot,,, if you have stock handlebars. We tried 1 1/2" and when we put it all together the bars hit the air valves,,, big time.

You can lower it 1/2",,, maybe 3/4" if you flip the two big washers in the tubes (and hone out one of them).

If you have some other bars that do not sit directly above the air valves then you may get more.

But, even the 3/4" was well worth it.

EDIT: I reread Barons part description. They seem pretty fixed on getting 1 1/2". SO,, maybe the way their adapter fits it pushes the forks down rather than raised in the triple tree?????? That would be nice.

Mike G.

Edited by Mike G in SC