IGNORED

Radio AMP issues.. or more??

Hulk

Sooooo. weeks before my 5 year warranty ends (September 2012) on my 08, my radio starts acting “wonky”, locking up , no power, volume out of control , screen fading, thought at first it was possessed :shock3:, so I took her in ( I had replaced the controller a year back (under warranty) and have not had any issues with audio till this fun started) Dealer agreed it was the AMP and ordered one for me:cool10:. Patiently waited for the unit to come in as the snow began to fall, then…. good news it had arrived (January 2013). Fly in, swap units and out of the dealership I go to the man cave to install it, get it home and Whoaaaaaa…. this isn’t new, it a-a-a-a-a-a refurbished AMP. :mad:Took a deep breath and called the dealership…”So sorry to hear that, we never opened the box, bring it back on Monday and we’ll order a new one”. But since I had it in hand, let’s have some fun…hooked it up and great…back in business…BUT WAIT (saw that coming…..) the Intercom and CB (with the headset) are not working (not like I use them lots but still, now we’re dealing with principle vs anger management) NOW WHAT?…of course…. searched the vast resource and posts of Venturerider…. and followed, traced tested all the connections still no intercom/CB, was going to use dielectric grease on the connectors from the AMP but why explain the mess come Monday…. this is where I’m in need of some help/advice/suggestions….

A) :confused24:Not that I can read electrical diagrams, but am I wrong to presume the AMP controls the output to the intercom and CB???? Or do I have other issues now (bike related)?:confused07:

But wait it gets better, calmly I wait…….till a few days a go, I get a call saying that Clarion wont honour the warranty on any Venture with a “NEW” AMP after a year of use but will happily provide a refurbished one:soapbox:….now were are dealing with anger management vs principle. Dealership won’t help even after I went right to the top…. stating Yamaha/Clarion warranty fine print not my issue. So the new refurbished AMP arrives Tuesday …… Good times!

• 3 months later...

I have a 99 royal star venture. My stereo will change station cab aux on off what ever it wants to do while riding. I have check all my connection making sure snug fit and not lose and used dielectric grease still does this. I have unhooked my remote controller and problems still there. Thinking its something with amp. Any help or new direction would be awesome.