IGNORED

Custom Dynamics...

...passing lights:

Ordered the sun-spots from CD in an effort to cut power consumption and improve lighting. I have Yamaha lightbar & lights, which were sold as 4 1/2 inches, but the 4 1/2 inch CD LEDs are smaller and will not fit securely in the light pots no matter how I put the outer trim ring & gasket. CD says there should be an inside trim ring to hold them in place; there was no such animal with the lights when I installed them in May. After measuring them, the pots are definitely larger than than 4 1/2 inches to the tune of about 5/16.

Help? Are there other lights that will work with the bar I have and correctly accept the CD LEDs, or is there a secret I have not discovered?

I replaced my yamaha spot lights with the 4.5" LEDs. There was/is a thin metal ring/gasket that was behind the stock sealed beam lamps. I believe that is what CD may be speaking about. The lamps fit the outer ring great but you have to PUSH to get them to seal good and tighten the fit screw. Might be easier if you have someone help. You get them set and the other person tighten the screw.