IGNORED

Kaukauna, Wisconsin Need Advice

Guest scarylarry

Guest scarylarry

Is anyone here from Kaukauna, Wisconsin...

I might be looking at a bike there if we work a deal out...

Question is Kensports good or bad?

Is Manitowoc Wis. a good place to stay over night...

Thanks

I live right on the border of Kaukauna. Ken's (about 4 miles from me) is fairly reputable if not a bit pricy. They are one of the largest area motorsports dealers- been around for a good many years.

Manitowoc should be pretty much like any other medium-smallish city. Is there somebody there that you know?

Guest scarylarry

No my plans are to buy there and ride over Manitowoc catch the ferry to Mich. and meet with some folks over there...

I saw some motels close to where the ferry is and was wondering if the area is the slums or not, looks like they have a 1 am ferry leaving and that will put me in Wis. around 6 am..

Unless he jack the price around on a Kaw. Vaquero he is under the line..

I see. I've never taken the ferry across but I might suggest ditching that plan and ride up "over the top". It'll likely cost you less, take about the same amount of time either way, and there is some spectacular scenery all along the lake and particularly in the vicinity of The Mighty mac ( http://www.mackinacbridge.org/photo-gallery-10/ ). Up to you of course.

As for Mwoc itself- I've never been in the actual city so I can't give you any accurate info as to the ghetto-ness level. Maybe 920Shrek1 can chime in on that?

Guest scarylarry

It is a 7 hr ride over to where I need to be in Mic. and the pictures and bridge will cancel any ferry for me...

Thanks so much for your help..