IGNORED

Headset info needed

alwrmcusn

Before you spend your hard-earned on something that is not a mainstream product, do the research carefully.

The current flavour of the month in Bluetooth Communicators is the SENA SMH10. The motorcycle forums are filled with praise ... so go looking for good reviews before you invest.

Does anyone have any experience using the UCLEAR HBC100 Bluetooth helmet communicator? It's microphone is built into the speakers. It says it's military specs and that the wind/traffic/engine noise is eleminated. My current SCALA Team Set is getting a bit old and I'm thinking of changing our headsets out.

www.uclear-digital.com/

I have it and LOVE it. I have had it a year and use it alot. But I use it alone and in a full face Vehmar Eclipse helmet on my Suzuki V-Strom, so I am not communicating with anyone else on the bike. The Eclipse is an Italian helmet and is pretty quiet, and the V-Strom is quiet also. I have a Sony Bluetooth MP3 player which it works perfectly with, and the sound is excellent. I have a Garmin 220 which it works perfectly with through Bluetooth although the sound is in mono. And I have an HTC Incredible phone which it also works perfectly with, and callers on the other end hear me perfectly. It is just incredible not having an external mike. It is one of my favorite purchases. But again, I have no experience with it as a communicator between riders . . .

Hope this is of some help anyway. Good luck. Craig

Thanks CSF

My main use would be driver/passenger intercom. I use a modular helmet in the colder months and and open face in the warmer. Hannah wears hearing aids and we like the ability to communicate without helmet smacks, rib pokes etc :)

I can see/hear my GPS just fine without using it's bluetooth and I prefer my MP3 via the Ventures speakers.

Thanks CSF

My main use would be driver/passenger intercom. I use a modular helmet in the colder months and and open face in the warmer. Hannah wears hearing aids and we like the ability to communicate without helmet smacks, rib pokes etc :)

I can see/hear my GPS just fine without using it's bluetooth and I prefer my MP3 via the Ventures speakers.

I certainly understand all that now as I just bought my 06 Venture 2 weeks ago. And I assume I will now use my GPS/MP3 on the Venture exactly as you do. (The V-Strom was of course a different situation.)

But I just wanted you to know how much I liked the UClear, how I do think its a quality unit, that nothing they advertised has turned out to be misleading, and that although I have not used it as an intercom I would bet it works well as that too. Its just a very slick little device. Good Luck. Craig