IGNORED

another tire question

w.steve wells

just curious, i found this tire listed on ebay Kenda Kruz k673, in rsv sizes, decent priced, anyone know anything about them or ever tried them, they claim to have a 20,000 mile warrenty ,, steve

Have them front and rear of my 83, seem to be very good. Not enough miles yet for full opinion.

The rear is a bear to mount very stiff but balance of both tires was spot on and yes I ordered them from J.C. Whitney and got both dates within 10 months.

I just put a set on my 05. Have about 400 miles on them so far and I do not like them. The bike is extremely squirrelly at highway speeds. Especially the front end.

Right mow I am running at max pressure but I am going to drop them a couple pounds and see it that makes a difference.

If they don't get better I will be going back to avons I guess. So far I wish I had spent the extra 100 bucks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I don't have a set of Kenda K673's on my RSV ......yet. I do have a set on my Suzuki Volusia, and have 9300 miles on the rear and it still has about 1500 more miles of life. To compare I only got around 4700 miles out of the OEM IRC rear. For the price I think at least the rears are a good value. The the tread is deep and the casing is very heavy. It is my opinion that the rear has a ride similar to a Dunlop Elite 3. As far as the front tire goes, (when new) I feel there should be deeper tread to start with (130/90/16 size for Volusia).

Mike

I just put a set on my 05. Have about 400 miles on them so far and I do not like them. The bike is extremely squirrelly at highway speeds. Especially the front end.

Right mow I am running at max pressure but I am going to drop them a couple pounds and see it that makes a difference.

If they don't get better I will be going back to avons I guess. So far I wish I had spent the extra 100 bucks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I had to lower the air pressure in mine also ... about 8 pounds front and rear. The ride then became very good and handling improved greatly - it did make them "sing" a little but nothing that I can't live with