IGNORED

What's the trick?

ToyOdie

I bought a set of Venture risers from Pinwall to put on my 96 RSTC. I have the bars off and the lower nut from the old risers. I can't seem to get the old riser off. I've tried to tap it from the bottom with a block of wood and hammer. And I also tried to turn it with a socket in the riser where the bars go. It won't budge. Any ideas? :178:

Ok, I'll answer my own post. After letting then risers sit for about 30 min I tried the socket again. I was able to move the riser about a 16th of a turn. I kept adding wd40 an slowly moving it back and forth until it finally freed up and came out. I had to do the same thing on the other side too. After 15 years I shouldn't have been suprised that ther was some corrosion on the shank.:doh:

:178:

:clap2: It was great to talk to you earlier. Sorry I had to go. Glad it all worked out so far.Mine is as old as yours but after the initial 26k miles I believe the second owner kept it in the garage.

Just a few months in the weather and its begining to show signs.

the clear coat on the aluminum is flaking, and I am tryingt o keep wax on the bare aluminum to keep tit from oxidizing.

A lil antiseize in the holes should keep things smooth if the need to remove arises again.

Sorry I didnt see this earlier. I would have either come over there or had you bring the upper tree here so we could have put it in the vise and pounded it into submission....LOL

Glad you got it fixed. I installed those new rubber bushings in my upper tree and unless you have a press, its a bear. :smile5: