IGNORED

gambling

Sideoftheroad

Actually there has been plenty of extensive research in the field of behavioral Psychology that discusses this reinforcement technique as pioneered by Skinner in the late 1930s. Well, I suppose to be fair it was more or less his career or at least he is considered one of the main folks in the field of behavioral psychology. The contribution of the idea of reinforcement occurred from the late 30s to the early 60s.

Slot machines use a principle known as a variable interval (or schedule) of [positive] reinforcement as a means to separate the operator from their money. Whether the designers of the slot machine have chosen to use that method to optimize their machines or whether the idea of the slot machine just happens be addictive as a result of the behavioral conditioning that is a result of their use is a different question.

:thumbsup2:

(I could go on and on about this but I'll keep a lid on it unless someone is interested...)

Actually there has been plenty of extensive research in the field of behavioral Psychology that discusses this reinforcement technique as pioneered by Skinner in the late 1930s. ...)

I was going to mention that Skinner actually got his start in repetitive action reenforcement from riding his HD. Start the bike... stop for repairs.... start the bike... stop for repairs, Start the bike... ad nausium.

But then changed my mind as I didn't want to get accused of HD Bashing. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:mytruck: (It's mine Bubber. I'll let you borrow it, but you can't keep it)

I was going to mention that Skinner actually got his start in repetitive action reenforcement from riding his HD. Start the bike... stop for repairs.... start the bike... stop for repairs, Start the bike... ad nausium.

:happy65::happy65::crackup:

Slot machines use a principle known as a variable interval (or schedule) of [positive] reinforcement as a means to separate the operator from their money.

When you lose wouldn't that be negative reinforcement? Guess slot machines use both positive and negative. You win some, you lose alot. Mostly negative. :-)

Black Owl. Kinda afraid of that with my father in law. He just left for a 3 week trip on the scoot. On the other side, which I was going. :-(