IGNORED

Jet Ski Trailer

TearlessTom

Just curious, Has anyone made or thought of making a bike trailer out of a Jet ski trailer.

The are light weight, most are aluminium. I was thinking of a double to haul two full size bikes.

Trying to cut down on weight for some long trips I have planned. http://www.valkyrieforum.com/bbs/Smileys/actions/undecided.gif

Just be careful to check load rating. Most jet skis are around 600 lb .

I bought a RXP SEADOO 215 HP supercharged that was 900 lb.

Ended up buying a harbor freight trailer rated at 1200 lb. and welded a rack together for her. Also extended/replaced the tongue made it longer and now accepts a 2 " ball.

Added bonus is when I unbolt the rack I have a regular 4' x 8' trailer.

Just be careful to check load rating. Most jet skis are around 600 lb .

I bought a RXP SEADOO 215 HP supercharged that was 900 lb.

Ended up buying a harbor freight trailer rated at 1200 lb. and welded a rack together for her. Also extended/replaced the tongue made it longer and now accepts a 2 " ball.

Added bonus is when I unbolt the rack I have a regular 4' x 8' trailer.

Yes I already have a trailer that is made for hauling bikes but it is heavy and drops my gas mileage from 17-18 to 10-12.

I am sure gas will be at $5.00 + by the end of June so although it would take some time to pay for itself it sure would make me feel better.

I figure the combined weight of the bikes and lumber to make the floor would be about 1800 lbs. the trailer I have now the manufacturer told me it probable weighted about 1500 so that would be roughly 3000-3500 lbs of towing weight. The truck has no problem pulling it.