IGNORED

i've had it!

hipshot

i am sick to death of any and everything Bill Gates, ever endorsed.

gonna give Steve Jobs ' ideas a shot!

just jt

ya, Bill's stuff PO's me too .... but for the last 20+ years it has provided me a pretty good living LOL

I have a journalism degree, and actually wrote for a living there for a while. In that industry, you very rarely see anything but a Mac. A decade ago, they were wildly different from PC's, but not so now. You can set up a Mac to run anything from a PC, but you can't really do the same for a PC. Macs are typically a better machine, but I can't justify spending almost twice as much on a computer that I just play on. The wife does a little bit of work related stuff, and our son does a bit of homework, but nothing really serious. I may look closer at Macs when the son hits his pre-law college work, but I still have to get him through high school first.

I have a journalism degree, and actually wrote for a living there for a while. In that industry, you very rarely see anything but a Mac. A decade ago, they were wildly different from PC's, but not so now. You can set up a Mac to run anything from a PC, but you can't really do the same for a PC. Macs are typically a better machine, but I can't justify spending almost twice as much on a computer that I just play on. The wife does a little bit of work related stuff, and our son does a bit of homework, but nothing really serious. I may look closer at Macs when the son hits his pre-law college work, but I still have to get him through high school first.

I also have a journalism degree and I am glad my main tool was a camera!. I hated the green screen, hard on the eyes. I loved the darkroom and the smell of fresh fixer solution. God I miss those days!!.

Rick A.

:Venture:

i am sick to death of any and everything Bill Gates, ever endorsed.

gonna give Steve Jobs ' ideas a shot!

just jt

I'm a mac... This has nothing to do with bashing anyone or anything.

I have been using Macs for many years. I no longer have any need for windows software. I run heavy engineering and drafting programs. I run normal word processing and pdf software. I really have found nothing in windows, that I want/need that I can't easily do on a mac.

I have 'introduced' several friends and colleges to macs. Most have been successful and stayed with them. The ones that were not successful were typically engineers, programmers or heavy users of Microsoft database programs. Seems they have a 'need' to understand and dissect the program's operation or something. I'm not sure why.

I have one virtual machine that runs windows 98 simply to interface to some older equipment that some of the hospitals still use and need to be calibrated using a DOS program.:rotf: Yes, they really do!

95% of people use very little of the capability of most computers and would certainly find the mac operating system simple and intuitive.

I would be happy to help you in any way possible.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

:Im not listening to

I have one old laptop with WinXP that dual boots to Ubuntu. Moved from designing with pencil, a box of plastic shapes, and a sheet of graph paper to a Mac decades ago. It changed my productivity more than I could have ever imagined.

Recently, I hacked my EEEpc netbook from WinXp to OSX and love it. Built an Intel Dual core and loaded up OSX there as well. I bought the lovely Barbie an IPad for Christmas and it was on from there. She insisted that I had one too, so I said "Yes dear", just as I did when she said we needed a touring bike with a nice seat for her.

Wimmin are great for those kinds of things........