IGNORED

Common sense by officials In Indy

Rick Haywood

Bisard, an Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officer accused of driving drunk at the time he hit three motorcyclists, killing one, will have an initial hearing at 1:30 p.m. in Marion Superior Court.Prosecutor Terry Curry refiled six alcohol-related charges against Bisard on Wednesday.

Former Prosecutor Carl Brizzi dropped alcohol-related charges last year, claiming that the blood test that showed Bisard was driving drunk was improperly administered and couldn't be used in court.

The test showed Bisard had a blood-alcohol level of 0.19 two hours after the crash, more than twice the level at which an Indiana driver is considered drunk. Curry thinks the test is admissible and that a judge should decide the fate of those charge

I had a good friend killed in a boating crash due to a cop out of North Carolina that was driving a boat drunk after dark. Because of a technically of who administered the test in whether it was a Sheriff or a Wildlife Resource Officer on the lake, it was thrown out and he walked with absolutely no consequnces. In my opinion, if you are drunk, you are drunk.

RandyA

I had a good friend killed in a boating crash due to a cop out of North Carolina that was driving a boat drunk after dark. Because of a technically of who administered the test in whether it was a Sheriff or a Wildlife Resource Officer on the lake, it was thrown out and he walked with absolutely no consequnces. In my opinion, if you are drunk, you are drunk.

RandyA

I agree but the only problem is if you are in the government then you don't have to follow the same rules

The tests may get thrown out, but the judge should be the one to make the decision. According to the FBI report the draw was done properly.

The blood draw was something like two hours later and it still came out a 0.19. That nobody noticed he was sloshed only indicates that he's had a lot of practice.

Bottom line: Bisard was driving his squad car at an extreme rate of speed, communicating on his in-car computer, when he ran over two bikes and three people. I can't serve on his jury, because I believe he's guilty.