IGNORED

Martha's Vinyard

Thistledown

I can tell you this about the Vineyard, its crowded!!!! I'm from Falmouth (now living in Vermont). I have a sister that lives on the Vineyard and we ride the bike down to see her once a year. If you go over it is expensive so be prepared! The Island is really beautiful but it is geared towards the tourist. Speed limits are low because of the narrow streets and congestion in the towns. I've always felt welcomed by the islanders when I went over from the main land, we used to go to "A ride to the Rock", which was a Harley only party.

If you go try April and May or September and the first week of October, its a lot less crowded. I don't know about the camping try the Chamber of Commerce. Falmouth has two campgrounds one is about ten miles from Woods Hole and the other is in Sippewisett and thats only about six miles. You could also leave the bike on the main land and take the Island Queen over from Falmouth.

If you go be drive slow and leave the loud pipes at home. They do frown on them over there.

Josh