IGNORED

cb radio problem

Last week on my trip to Virginia and West Virginia I had a problem with my cb turning off. I would be riding along and it would just turn off. I had to keep checking and turn it back on. Later on before it would turn off an error message would appear that said cberr. I've never had this problem before, any ideas? Thanks

Check your connectors under the hood, checking to see if they have tension on them when your turn the bars etc.

I had a problem like that in the past and strangely enough, the other wire / cable bundles were crushing the controller cable at the neck and as if it were squeezing out the electrons.. A little more slack and rerouting the cable took care of the problem.. So odd.. but meh..

Best of luck..

Check your connectors under the hood, checking to see if they have tension on them when your turn the bars etc.

I had a problem like that in the past and strangely enough, the other wire / cable bundles were crushing the controller cable at the neck and as if it were squeezing out the electrons.. A little more slack and rerouting the cable took care of the problem.. So odd.. but meh..

Best of luck..

:sign yeah that:

Allthough if you are actually getting the cberr on the display, It may be a more serious issue. Also check the connectors under the passenger seat.

If this is on your 05 RSV, double checking when your warranty expires would be something that I would do YESTERDAY! The radio amp, CB and handlebar controls are NOT cheap!

And if you are within a few weeks of the warranty expiring, I might still call Yamaha customer service to see if you can get any help from them at all - worst case is you loose a few minutes on the phone with someone that says no in the end. Especailly if you haven't had many issues with your bike under the warranty period.

:080402gudl_prv:

Also check the connectors under the passenger seat.

That's where I found the problem with mine. The cables on mine seemed almost guitar string tight. That was pulling the plugs apart. put dielectric grease on them and made sure the plugs were completely together. Problem went away.

• 1 year later...

Allthough if you are actually getting the cberr on the display, It may be a more serious issue. Also check the connectors under the passenger seat.

If this is on your 05 RSV, double checking when your warranty expires would be something that I would do YESTERDAY! The radio amp, CB and handlebar controls are NOT cheap!

And if you are within a few weeks of the warranty expiring, I might still call Yamaha customer service to see if you can get any help from them at all - worst case is you loose a few minutes on the phone with someone that says no in the end. Especailly if you haven't had many issues with your bike under the warranty period.

Yep, what he said. Had the same error msg. checked connections under the Driver seat and in the front cowling. No luck, so I took it to Hattiesburg Cycle. Two weeks later they called and said the connection under the pax seat came loose so they tightened it up and taped it for good measure. Easy fix and the best part was that they charged me zilch. Great place to do business with even if they're a little slow cause of the volume of work they do. If you're in Southern Mississippi, I'd give them the business. Can't help but think that was another screwup by the Trike installer...