IGNORED

Looking for left hand dashboad piece

Guest byekryam

Guest byekryam

I wondering if it's worth trying to repair my left hand dashboard piece (piece that radio sits in) or if anyone has one in good shape here. I didn't see any listed. I was wondering if I could back it with some type of aluminum and glue the pies together. But then I would have to add on some type of screw down plates too cause they have cracked off (seems typical place for these to crack over time). I don't know how hard it is to find good plastic anymore. Didn't see any on ebay either.

Wood

I wondering if it's worth trying to repair my left hand dashboard piece (piece that radio sits in) or if anyone has one in good shape here. I didn't see any listed.

Wood

New part still available......

PANEL,ACCESSORY 1 26H-28212-00-00 $71.12 at Partshark.com

Guest byekryam

Rocket,

The part I need is actually part number 26H-2837L-02-00 which I believe is the dashboard piece that the radio piece sits into (which I think is the piece you pointed out). I found that Partshark has that part too, but I can't get a picture for confirmation that I'm ordering the right thing. I tried thier email on the website but it came back as a mailerdamon. How can I get a visual for confirmation? Did you find it on thier website anywhere or do I just have to call and see if they can somehow send me a pic.

Woody

Rocket,

The part I need is actually part number 26H-2837L-02-00 which I believe is the dashboard piece that the radio piece sits into (which I think is the piece you pointed out). I found that Partshark has that part too, but I can't get a picture for confirmation that I'm ordering the right thing. I tried thier email on the website but it came back as a mailerdamon. How can I get a visual for confirmation? Did you find it on thier website anywhere or do I just have to call and see if they can somehow send me a pic.

Woody

Yup, that is still available, as I have 1 to be installed soon.

As for pics, see item #3 under the fairing PDF, for the console top.

From your initial post, I thought you needed item #3 on the radio install PDF.

Guest byekryam

Rocket

I did get your message the other day, thank you. But, today I was up at the mechanic's to have my fan switch repaired (I have a manual switch on my bike), and we had to remove the plastic dash piece we were talking about because that's where my switch is located. When I removed that piece, I told him I was going to purchase a new one cause of the cracks in that piece. He pulled out some Q Bond and repaired the cracks and the piece was as strong as original (of course I didn't try real hard to try and break it, but it was quite strong and the cracks weren't visible unless you were looking for them. This glue was incredible. It binded the pieces immediately. So at the moment I am going to not purchase the new piece because my money will be much better spent repairing/rebuilding the electric start (especially being "Venture" poor). I will keep the information for the future because the dash piece has a small missing corner and I would like to replace it eventually. Thanks so much for the info.

Woody