IGNORED

Flight 93 Memorial

Hummingbird

Myself and another rider went over to Stoystown Pa to the memorial for the second time on the 17th. of August. The first time we were there it was QUITE impressive with all the memorabilia that folks had left. There were marble monuments, plaques and a multitude of out of pocket remembrances that people had left as their own show of respect for the heros on that plane.

This time, they had moved the temporary memorial to a site over looking the crash site. We were still 1/4 mile or more away from the actual impact site and could see the construction equipment down below readying the area for the "plaza" being built.

I was totally disappointed this time as they did not move ANY of the memorabilia to the new site. I talked to the ranger on site and she was vague about future plans for the trinkets and other items that had been left at the first site.

There will be a dedication of the plaza on September 11, 2011. I haven't read anything about it yet in the media but I think it will be quite an event attended by many -

There aren't any hotels/motels in the immediate area but 10 miles down the road in Somerset are several.

Here's a link for the internet site http://www.nps.gov/flni