OK folks, I got a sticky kick-stand switch that is aggervating the mess out of me.lol Tried WD-40, white spray grease and no luck. It doesn't come all the way out and make contact lately...was just once in a while but now it is every time. Anyone got a good fix for this or no where I can get one new or used?

Thanks in advance, Roy

:fingers-crossed-emo

cut three wires to switch, splice together, maybe solder em, wrap with tape and stuff em back in the frame..... then all you have to do is put the side stand up before you roll!

I agree completely. However, in a minute there will be a bunch of safetycrats jumping on this!

At the risk of being called a "safetycrat", here is the solution you need for your side stand switch. It will resolve the problem and still keep the switch in the circuit, so to speak. No, I cannot take credit for this mod. Got it from another web site long ago. Try it. It works. Have had mine this way for years. Never a problem.

Here is a way to prevent engine shutdown and still keep that dash warning light working. I am not the author - credit to Jason Morris, Bench Wrench,1990?

Locate three wires behind the the left side cover coming the sidestand switch. They are grouped together, their colors are black, green with a white stripe, and blue with a yellow stripe. It is now a simple matter of crossing black with blue/yellow. Use a Radio Shack inline splicer. DON'T cut any wires.

The connection does not affect the dash display, the warning light still works as normal. Also, if the switch fails while traveling down the road the engine will not turn off. It will be a little frightning if that light comes on while moving along at 80 mph, I know!

This is a much safer solution than defeating that switch completely.ffice:office" />

At the risk of being called a "safetycrat", here is the solution you need for your side stand switch. It will resolve the problem and still keep the switch in the circuit, so to speak. No, I cannot take credit for this mod. Got it from another web site long ago. Try it. It works. Have had mine this way for years. Never a problem.

Here is a way to prevent engine shutdown and still keep that dash warning light working. I am not the author - credit to Jason Morris, Bench Wrench,1990?

Locate three wires behind the the left side cover coming the sidestand switch. They are grouped together, their colors are black, green with a white stripe, and blue with a yellow stripe. It is now a simple matter of crossing black with blue/yellow. Use a Radio Shack inline splicer. DON'T cut any wires.

The connection does not affect the dash display, the warning light still works as normal. Also, if the switch fails while traveling down the road the engine will not turn off. It will be a little frightning if that light comes on while moving along at 80 mph, I know!

This is a much safer solution than defeating that switch completely.ffice:office" />:p>:p>

Not at all safetycrat! This is good info and I have already pasted it into my collection. Thanks!