IGNORED

New Englander's Helmet law Question?

Scooter Bob

I see at the MSF state law list that several states (delaware, new jersey, aand vermont) require reflectorization on the lid.

What does this mean. How big?, front or back or both?

I'm headin' your way next week to fill in a bunch of my map and get a saddle bag from Jonesy at Americade later that week. I don't want to spend any of my vacation time explanin' my lack of knowledge to a cop.

Thanks for the help, Scooter Bob

I rode for years all over Noo England with nothing more than a small piece of reflectorized white tape on the back of my helmet and never had any problems with LEO's. The helmet laws are enforced up there but the LEO's won't hassel you for the stuff on the helmet....they are far too busy to bother with that nickle-dime stuff.

Boomer.....who sez ya oughtta wait till Fall to do Noo England....when the colors come into those trees you'll be amazed at what God's paintbrush can do.

Guest scarylarry

I rode last year 2 weeks in N.E. all the way to Maine, the went as far as New Jersey in the past few weeks, I don't have a anything on my helmet and I was never once stop or question and pass a many LEO..

Do obey the speed limit, that is one thing I was warn heavy on though, they will write one in certain areas for 1 mph over, so I was told..

Boomer.....who sez ya oughtta wait till Fall to do Noo England....when the colors come into those trees you'll be amazed at what God's paintbrush can do.

Sounds sweet, but I'm not sure Jonesy wants to sit on that saddlebag that long!

Thanks for the tip guys, I'm usually pretty easy on the throttle anyways, but I'll watch it even closer out there.

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

I saw that on the MSF website a couple of years ago...seems several states require relective material on the helments. I found some black reflective tape for my black helment. IT only apprears when it is dark and light hits it. My son has black flames on his black helmet. It looks good. I did that just in case some LEO wants to hassle me for something else, like speeding or riding a wheelie in the middle of town...I am covered on the reflective part at least when I get a ticket.:whistling:

Here is where I got mine.

http://www.bikerhiway.com/reflective-motorcycle-products-reflective-motorcycle-decals-and-stickers-c-244_292_70_91.html

Vermont is the only state I know of that requires reflectors and I've rode over there without them and have never been bothered... Delaware you don't need a helmet nevermind stickers...

http://www.bikersrights.com/states/50state.html

Thanks for the info, and nice website. That map is a lot easier to read than the MSF info that our ABATE site took me to.

Thanks, Scooter Bob