IGNORED

Opinions on LED Tail Lights / Turn Signals

Hello everyone. Got to know that I am going to make the right purchase.

I am looking at LED tail light by Radiantz for $60 at http://www.customdynamics.com/Yamaha_tail_retro.htm

However at http://motoled.com/shop.html they talk as if that light is not bright enough and they sell the High Flux LEDS for $130.00 that are supposed to be so much brighter.

Now maybe they are brighter, however are the Radiantz bright enough?

Must say that I really like the lens cover at Motoled. Clear front with red sides. I think that is sharp looking and you can't see the board through the sides.

Anyway, also wondering about the turn signals from Radiantz compared to the ones at Motoled.

I don't think there are many of you that have had both brands to really compare, however there are a lot of you that have bought the Radiantz and some that may have the Motoled.

Do you find that the tail and signal lights are bright enough? Are they brighter than stock? Motoled claims that super bright LEDs are NOT as bright as stock. Of course they may be bias. They do have photo comparisons at the bottom of that page at Motoled.

Really looking forward to your opinions. I would like to see a few replies to get different opinions.

Thanks guys/gals

:confused07:

I have the 1.85 Radientz and they are very bright their regular light output looks like your brakes are on and then when the brakes come on they are very bright. Heres my pics the right pic doesnt do they light justice

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14392 I heard someone has had problems with theres though I havent yet.

Hello everyone. Got to know that I am going to make the right purchase.

I am looking at LED tail light by Radiantz for $60 at http://www.customdynamics.com/Yamaha_tail_retro.htm

However at http://motoled.com/shop.html they talk as if that light is not bright enough and they sell the High Flux LEDS for $130.00 that are supposed to be so much brighter.

Now maybe they are brighter, however are the Radiantz bright enough?

Must say that I really like the lens cover at Motoled. Clear front with red sides. I think that is sharp looking and you can't see the board through the sides.

Anyway, also wondering about the turn signals from Radiantz compared to the ones at Motoled.

I don't think there are many of you that have had both brands to really compare, however there are a lot of you that have bought the Radiantz and some that may have the Motoled.

Do you find that the tail and signal lights are bright enough? Are they brighter than stock? Motoled claims that super bright LEDs are NOT as bright as stock. Of course they may be bias. They do have photo comparisons at the bottom of that page at Motoled.

Really looking forward to your opinions. I would like to see a few replies to get different opinions.

Thanks guys/gals

:confused07:

I have the one from Customdynamics. I say it is as bright on run as the 1157 bulb is on brake, and on brake it's insanely bright, especially at night.

I haven't seen the other one, but for twice the money, I'm happy with the $60 version.

I added the run/stop/signal dynamic clusters from them as well and am happy. A crappy pic is in my gallery on here of them all lit up.

Guest sargeb13

I have the radianz taillight/brakelight, and its great: when the brake hits, it washes out the other lights (see my gallery). I don't know why you'd want a brighter one. Easily visable at night, and in heavy rain. I'm very happy with it, running for nearly two years now.

Michael

As to the turn signals, I don't think they will work, as the Turn signal

relays are usually designed, for a specific amount of current draw.

LED bulbs draw much lower current.

As in you cars, if one turn signal bulb burns out. the signal flashes at a higher rate ( or speed ) .

Might be worth a try, but

I have the one from Customdynamics. I say it is as bright on run as the 1157 bulb is on brake, and on brake it's insanely bright, especially at night.

I haven't seen the other one, but for twice the money, I'm happy with the $60 version.

I added the run/stop/signal dynamic clusters from them as well and am happy. A crappy pic is in my gallery on here of them all lit up.

For the dynamic clusters, did you have to add the load equalizer to slow down the flashing rate? Or was it OK without?

I also have the custom dynamics tail/run light & dynamic clusters. Extremely bright. I love them. I bought the standard DOT flasher to correct the flash rate. The only thing is, I lost my emergency flashers, but that doesn't matter to me. No load equalizers also means less current in use. The load equalizers, as I understand it, still use the same current, but fools the "computer" into thinking there are incandescent bulbs. With the DOT flasher, no use of that original current. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

For the dynamic clusters, did you have to add the load equalizer to slow down the flashing rate? Or was it OK without?

I did not add the equalizer. Mine do blink faster than stock, but not so fast as to be highly annoying.

I'll get a vid of them and post it somewhere so you can see. I also have the LED front signals that go from full on to off instead of dimming the bulb.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, thanks to all of you that gave me your opinions from your experience.

I ordered the Radiantz brake light and the turn signals. WOW! I am impressed. The tail light is brighter than the stock. Actually, like some of you have said, the tail light it is brighter than the stock brake light. And the brake light that comes from this LED board is amazing. The turn signals are so bright.

Again, thank you all. What a great site! What a great bunch!

Greg

Well, thanks to all of you that gave me your opinions from your experience.

I ordered the Radiantz brake light and the turn signals. WOW! I am impressed. The tail light is brighter than the stock. Actually, like some of you have said, the tail light it is brighter than the stock brake light. And the brake light that comes from this LED board is amazing. The turn signals are so bright.

Again, thank you all. What a great site! What a great bunch!

Greg

Glad your happy with them. I know my friends said they could easily see my brake lights in heavy rain back when my bike wasnt half wrecked.

don't want to hijack ,this thread, but i have some questions regarding "led" lights.

?1- will leds function , on a full 12 volt circuit, or will that burn them up?

?2must they be run on a separate fused/circuit breaker, circuit?

and finally. do they reduce the amount of "draw" on your battery enough to extend the battery's life?

just jt

Which turn signals did you get?

Hi Cliff. I got the Eclipze for the front. When they are on, it is brighter than the higher output from stock when signal is on. The way they work is, when you turn on your signal, they go on and off instead of high/low.

The part number for the front is 9561-27 and for the back 9560-26. Both can be seen at http://www.customdynamics.com/yamaha_turn_signal_retro.htm

I will say this though. The turn signals are a son of a b!tch to plug in. (The tail light was easy) The end that goes into the sockets are not long enough to push in and turn. At least with the bulb you can hold the bulb and turn it. I had to use needle nose pliers to push them in and turn. When I got to the last one, it was so tough to do. I ended up stripping the little nipples off so now there is nothing to hold it in. I called Radiantz and she (forget her name) is sending me a new end free of charge including shipping. Very nice of them. I love dealing with companies that care.

don't want to hijack ,this thread, but i have some questions regarding "led" lights.

?1- will leds function , on a full 12 volt circuit, or will that burn them up?

?2must they be run on a separate fused/circuit breaker, circuit?

and finally. do they reduce the amount of "draw" on your battery enough to extend the battery's life?

just jt

1. No they will not burn them up. They are made for 12 volt system.

2. If you are talking about the turn signals/tail light, NO. They just replace the stock bulbs. If you are talking about adding LED's for effects, I have always put to battery with an inline fuse just to be safe. Red to battery, black to a ground.

3. LED's drastically reduce the amount of draw on the battery.

If you put LED's to replace your signal lights one of two things are going to happen. They either won't work or they will flash quickly. If they don't work at all, then you will need a Load Equalizer. Now you are back up there with the drawing of power from the battery.

In my case, on my 07 Venture, my signals work but blink fast. I don't mind that at all. In my opinion, it draws more attention to the flashers.

You can test your system to see what the effect of LED will have on your ride. Take out one of your signal bulbs then turn your signal on. If the other one does not blink, they you have to have a load equalizer. If it blinks fast, then the choice is yours. I choose to let them blink fast because I wanted to save on battery load.

Hope this has helped answer your questions.

Hi All

I Went To Nopork.com Got Got New Blinkers That Make Yoy Blinkers Into Running Lights And Brake Lights And The Running Lights And Brake Are Red And The Blinkers Are Yellow When Thay Blink Thau Change From Yellow To Red And The Sell A Clear Lens If You Need Them Thay Look Great At Night And Are Very Visable In The Day Also I Got The Lights And Lenes For Around 75.00

Kevin Wisor

1999 Rsv

Jax Fl

Has anyone tried using a couple of ordinary 12V relays, one connected to each turn signal circuit (one "right" and one "left"), and powered directly from the battery, to power additional turn signal lights? I wonder if the trigger current for a relay is enough to disturb the flash pattern of the stock flasher unit and stock bulbs? I realize this would result in more amps drawn from the electrical system instead of less, but I'm thinking of adding some Whelen TIR3 LEDs as rear turn signals which combined will only add about .8 of an amp when "on".

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FFMCPres

One more vote for the Radiantz tail light...wondered if it was worth the $60 when I ordered it, but I really like it! Much brighter both in the day and night (even with my stock red lens) and the cool white LEDs shining up on the license plate is the cat's arse, especially with the Pearly Queen's white paint.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tx2sturgis
One more vote for the Radiantz tail light...wondered if it was worth the $60 when I ordered it, but I really like it! Much brighter both in the day and night (even with my stock red lens) and the cool white LEDs shining up on the license plate is the cat's arse, especially with the Pearly Queen's white paint.

Another satisfied user of the Radiantz LED cluster.

If your running a Radiantz with a Modulite trailer module, you may have to add a load equalizer to the brake circuit like I had to.

Otherwise, the Modulite sends the wrong 'signals' to the trailer!

Hi Cliff. I got the Eclipze for the front. When they are on, it is brighter than the higher output from stock when signal is on. The way they work is, when you turn on your signal, they go on and off instead of high/low.

The part number for the front is 9561-27 and for the back 9560-26. Both can be seen at http://www.customdynamics.com/yamaha_turn_signal_retro.htm

I will say this though. The turn signals are a son of a b!tch to plug in. (The tail light was easy) The end that goes into the sockets are not long enough to push in and turn. At least with the bulb you can hold the bulb and turn it. I had to use needle nose pliers to push them in and turn. When I got to the last one, it was so tough to do. I ended up stripping the little nipples off so now there is nothing to hold it in. I called Radiantz and she (forget her name) is sending me a new end free of charge including shipping. Very nice of them. I love dealing with companies that care.

Don't know about the newer RSV's but the earlier ones require a two pin turn signal bulb. The 9561-27 above is a three pin and will not fit in the two pin socket.

• 4 weeks later...