IGNORED

Accessory fuse block

I want to add an Accessory fuse block. I have searched the subject but can't find much info. I'm looking for what type of fuse box and relay I'll need and how to wire the relay.

Thanks

Here is one discussion.

I got mine from Advanced Auto and mounted it under the seat. Here's a photo showing a messy version of my airhorn relay and the auxiliary fuse box.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3542/3660208718_1eac068e6f.jpg

Edit: I am not using a relay to energize the fusebox. I leave that decision for when I add accessories. For example, I am adding Powerlet's, and I want them unswitched. My fog lamps I have on a relay, as is the air horn. The LEDs I'll add won't be on a relay. &tc.

Hope this helps!

Dave

Edited by Dave77459
added discussion about relay

Thanks for the link. I think I'm getting an idea of how this works. I've looked on line for parts and they seem to be inexpensive. All I can find in the way of relays are five prong and from what I can figure I only need four. One for power to the battery, one for power to the block, one for the ground and the power for the the relay it self.

Thanks for the link. I think I'm getting an idea of how this works. I've looked on line for parts and they seem to be inexpensive. All I can find in the way of relays are five prong and from what I can figure I only need four. One for power to the battery, one for power to the block, one for the ground and the power for the the relay it self.

Below is a link to a source for a number of components & relays.

http://www.parts-express.com/home.cfm

Very fast shipping & great prices.

Gary