IGNORED

may need a new pumkin

Leeway

Pinion bearings failed, can't get the outer race out of the rear drive unit.the outer race is still in the housing. It would appear that this remaining race has been staked by what ever has marred the housing around the periphery of that bore which the outer race mates to. It is my assumption that the needle bearing into a (blind hole), (terminology?) would be of a slip fit. I may just be beating a dead horse trying to fix it, but I can't ride,what else can I do while I watch for one on ebay! Any one got a used pumpkin for a second Gen they want to part with?

Any one got a used pumpkin for a second Gen they want to part with?

You sure you want a 2nd gen pumkin (99 - current)???? As you will have to plug the speedo sensor hole.

Not positive, but Masterguns may still have a 1st gen Mk2 pumkin...... :080402gudl_prv:

Wayne,

Could you check to see if you have a shim under the ring gear, between the housing & ring gear.

Also can you measure the thickness of the thrust washer that is on the ring gear hub, its about 1 1/2" in dia.. It sits around the hub protrusion into the main housing. It will be around 3/32" thick.

There are increments of these two shims available.

I have an FJR rear end that is locking up when I torque the wheel down and I think it might need different shims.

If you don't need these I would be interested in them.

Gary

this is a second gen, 2000 MM, I haven't updated my garage, but will one of these days when I'm forced to sit in front of this beast! lol

:big-grin-emoticon:

e

You sure you want a 2nd gen pumkin (99 - current)???? As you will have to plug the speedo sensor hole.

Not positive, but Masterguns may still have a 1st gen Mk2 pumkin...... :080402gudl_prv:

Hey Mike, your in my back yard let us talk turkey! I'm sure we can arrive at an amicable arrangement. PM a time to call so we can chat. This medium of communicating, is a slow process for me! It's a continuous hunt and peck affair. XD:fingers-crossed-emo

i have 1 with about 2500 miles on it. make me an offer and it's yours.

mike

Gary i'll check the that which you ask. I was thinking there were three possibly more thicknesses for that shim. Having looked at the catalog schematic again there are 5 thicknesses listed. I measured mine it is .073 approximately. I used dial caliper.the Cat. has a designation;

(.SHIM, THRUST (1.2T) UR) = .047" SKU: 22U-46118-00-12

(SHIM, THRUST (1.4T) UR) = .055"

( SHIM, THRUST (1.6T) UR) = .063"

(SHIM, THRUST (1.8T) UR) = .071"

(SHIM, THRUST (2.0T) UR) = .078"

I'm checking into the FJR as a possible replacement. I need to check it out some more. Hope this is helpful Gary!

Wayne,

Could you check to see if you have a shim under the ring gear, between the housing & ring gear.

Also can you measure the thickness of the thrust washer that is on the ring gear hub, its about 1 1/2" in dia.. It sits around the hub protrusion into the main housing. It will be around 3/32" thick.

There are increments of these two shims available.

I have an FJR rear end that is locking up when I torque the wheel down and I think it might need different shims.

If you don't need these I would be interested in them.

Gary

was nice to meet you today wayne!

thanks again for the lunch and the rootbeers

be carefull after you get the new rear gear installed, that 2003 rear end will make your bike run faster! ya know?

i have met more folks that own the mm edition ventures now , than any other single year..?

see you at the lagoon in may!

mike

just put patches away, took a spin to the grocery store, I may have a different chirp, but say for certain. It seemed to performing it's pumpkin job well! I'll give it a good test tomorrow!

Mike am truly grateful, to be back on the road again, it is the best therapy I've found when it all s&@#ks!

It was great meeting you and Allen, that little place in Utica was real treat, thanks for making me spend more money at J. C. Whitney. Can't wait to get back up that way on two wheels.

I hope I can swing the Ia - IL meet & greet, I was disappoint that I was unable to do one they put together a while back. stay safe wayne

was nice to meet you today wayne!

thanks again for the lunch and the rootbeers

be carefull after you get the new rear gear installed, that 2003 rear end will make your bike run faster! ya know?

i have met more folks that own the mm edition ventures now , than any other single year..?

see you at the lagoon in may!

mike