IGNORED

Trunk or no trunk....

Guest Wiltman33

Guest Wiltman33

Greetings all,

So I've seen several ventures without the trunk and I kinda like the look. Before I attempt the eight bolt modification I was wondering if anyone in here has already removed the trunk and if so can you share some pics with me and explain the process??

I plan on putting on an aftermarket seat but leave the antennas in place so I still get good reception...any thoughts would be great! ....and yes my wife might not enjoy the ride as much but if it's a long trip I'll need the trunk anyway and back on it would go.

- Dave :)

Guest Old Iron Rider

You are looking at a lot more than just 8 bolts. You also have to deal with and /or lose the CB under the trunk, and also deal with the wiring harness that goes to the speakers and CB.

If you figure out a simple solution let me know.

Ok I did this on my 05 Midnight, and let me tell you it looked cool!. It's been a couple of year now but if I recall it was pretty easy to do.

1) you have to remove the radio antenna.

2)unplug the CB

3) remove the bolt that hold the truck on, be sure to have help so that the truck does not slide down, or fall over.

4) once the truck is off you will see the wires that run to the rear and metal clips that hold the wires in place.

5)I just bent the clips over and broke them off.

6) Go to the dealer and pic up a rear finder bib. My had studs on it.

7) get some really good velcro to attach the tank bib.

8) get so rubbing compound to remove small circles left by rubber mounts on the bottom of the truck.

9) make an "L" bracket to hold the antenna to the finder

10) EXPLAIN TO THE BOSS WHY SHE CAN'T GO FOR A RIDE.

and that it. It took me just a few hour to chance the look. I know this did not change how the bike rode and handled, but somehow it just felt like I was on a different bike.

Oh ya, I did not take any pics and have since sold her. I think there may be some pics of one at venture.org