IGNORED

Intake and Exhaust basics

I just bought a 1984 venture Royale 1200 that runs perfect but has leaky carbs. Before I tear into them, I was wondering what would be considered the best bvang for the buck on the intake and exhaust. Nothing like asking those with a background. I found several threads but not about both together. I have heard about a k&N filter, multiple pods with airbox removal, and tons of ideas on the exhaust and the carb jetting. I guess I'd like to just get it all broken down to the ins and outs of things!:mo money:

I just bought a 1984 venture Royale 1200 that runs perfect but has leaky carbs. Before I tear into them, I was wondering what would be considered the best bvang for the buck on the intake and exhaust. Nothing like asking those with a background. I found several threads but not about both together. I have heard about a k&N filter, multiple pods with airbox removal, and tons of ideas on the exhaust and the carb jetting. I guess I'd like to just get it all broken down to the ins and outs of things!:mo money:

make sure the carb boots above and below the carbs are seated and tight.