IGNORED

New stuff installed on my RSTD

starkruzen

Just installed some Harley Road King exhaust and Clearview shield. I know, I will submit pictures soon. Got the exhaust off of Ebay for $50.00 and they also had the 2 inch chrome exhaust clamp which looks great. The Clearview shield is excellent! I like the forward vent it has and the light tent. It is shorter and wider than stock and the lowers are also bigger. The bike sounds really good and the sheild is wonderful.

Pictures to come soon.

Mark:12101:

Edited by starkruzen
miss spell

I went on a 165 mile ride Sunday from West Palm Beach Florida, to South Beach. The Clearview shield worked great! It is 3" shorter and wider. I bought the front vent which come in handy in the muggy south Florida weather.

I purchased the pipes off ebay. They came with the mounting brackets and the 2"chrome clamps. In fact someone on this site found them for me on Ebay. The only issue is the pipes are a bit loud, and boy do they pop like crazy on decel. I probabaly need my carbs tuned or something.

Mark:smile5:

Quick question: does one need something else, besides the 2-inch connectors, to mount the exhaust? Saw something mentioned about a bracket...

Thanks

Yes, you need a bracket. The RK mufflers are mounted by two bolts further aft than the RSTD/Venture bolt. You can easily see all three bolts in the photo. The RK bolts are on top of the muffler near the end, and the RSTD bolt is forward and inside.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3542/3374798620_89c59a8034.jpg