IGNORED

Throttle Cable to go with Flanders G2

kingtut

Since discovering that apparently no risers are available that work with a 2006 RSTD (because the speedo is located right over the stock risers and putting higher risers on would life it up and beyond the mounting bracket), various riders on VentureRider.com have convinced me that the Flanders G2 handlebar is the way to go. Not only will they give me a longer pullback, but they're $145 less expensive than the Star risers my local Yamaha dealer told me were supposed to work.

At any rate, all things point to needing a longer throttle cable to go with the Flanders bar. My question is: how long a cable should be ordered and where can I get the best deal on one. A part number and online store would be great if anyone knows.

Hoping someone has this info . . . thanks in advance.

Since discovering that apparently no risers are available that work with a 2006 RSTD (because the speedo is located right over the stock risers and putting higher risers on would life it up and beyond the mounting bracket), various riders on VentureRider.com have convinced me that the Flanders G2 handlebar is the way to go. Not only will they give me a longer pullback, but they're $145 less expensive than the Star risers my local Yamaha dealer told me were supposed to work.

At any rate, all things point to needing a longer throttle cable to go with the Flanders bar. My question is: how long a cable should be ordered and where can I get the best deal on one. A part number and online store would be great if anyone knows.

Hoping someone has this info . . . thanks in advance.

I've got the same bars on my 05 and didn't buy any new cables. You can re-route your existing ones no problem. You will have to drill a small hole for your throttle housing with the new bars and your existing bar end weights won't work.

I've got the same bars on my 05 and didn't buy any new cables. You can re-route your existing ones no problem. You will have to drill a small hole for your throttle housing with the new bars and your existing bar end weights won't work.

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear the stock throttle cable will work on the Tour Deluxe. Apparently all the extra stuff up front on the Venture precludes that as several RSV members have reported needing a longer cable. I'll only order the G2 bar and do the re-routing thing. Sounds like you haven't had any binding problems on tight turns.

Did you stick with the stock grips? I really like the Kury ISO grips and there's lots of good stuff on this forum about alternative end weights.

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear the stock throttle cable will work on the Tour Deluxe. Apparently all the extra stuff up front on the Venture precludes that as several RSV members have reported needing a longer cable. I'll only order the G2 bar and do the re-routing thing. Sounds like you haven't had any binding problems on tight turns.

Did you stick with the stock grips? I really like the Kury ISO grips and there's lots of good stuff on this forum about alternative end weights.

I have heated grips, but did keep the stock end weights. I welded a nut inside the new bars to allow me to keep them.