IGNORED

Simple operation? not for me...

I bought visors for each of the lights on my '03 RSMV then put the visors on the front passing lamps and turn signals. I postponed the Headlight visor until today since I would need to split the fairing, but decided to put the rear turn signal and HD license plate light visors on last night. Someone had been there before me on the turn signals added LED light rings inside, but they do not work. Anyway, as part of their operation they had stripped the heads on the screws so I had purchased replacements. I drilled out the heads and the lens came off, no sweat on the left side. The housing was filled with water and the lower screw was rusty. When I put the vice grips on the screws to back them out the top removed easily, but the lower snapped right off!:bang head: Has anyone experienced this or do you have any suggestions how to get this fairly tiny screw out now? :confused24:I hate to have to replace the entire assembly...

Now after days and days of rain, the sun is shining and I am sitting here looking at that stinking broken off screw. Crap!

First off get some penetrating oil on the screw. Let it set for awhile. You can take a fiber wheel for a dremel tool and cut a cross in the head of the screw and use a Philips screw driver on it. Let the penetrating oil do it's job. While it is working on the screw you can take a small drill and from the inside of the housing drill two small holes in the bottom to let the water out before it accumulates again. I have done this to the rear and front of my bike.

I also put some grease on the new screws before installing.

Good luck.:thumbsup2: