IGNORED

Stupid Zumo question

Double D

:confused24:Can I make a route on google map and transfer it to my Zumo? If so are there any EASY instructions that a feeble minded man can understand.:confused24:

DD ,

I haven't used , nor do I think that you can convert GM into the proper filea nd import into the Zumo . What I have found to plot a route without use of a computer map program is to

1) Where to.

2) scroll to"Browse Map"

3) drag map with finger on the touch screen to intersection to where it displays a tab , click go to or save ..This makes a "Way Point" .

4) repeat to next destination or intersection of choice .

5) repeat again and again if needed .

At each time you choose a new way point , it will ask you to go to or to "add as via" . I choose "add as via" . I have used this method many a time to zig-zag across the country side without the Zumo directing me to go straight to any destination . I can do this at any time without the use of a computer .

I hope this helps out .

BEER30

:confused24:Can I make a route on google map and transfer it to my Zumo? If so are there any EASY instructions that a feeble minded man can understand.:confused24:

David,

I don't know about Google Maps but I know you can do it with the Harley ride planner. http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Ride_Planner/Ride_Planner.jsp?locale=en_US

This is the best online mapping site I've found. Just install the Garmin communicator software and then all you have to do is click on the GPS Synchronization button and the site does the rest. And it's free.

You can also save the routes and have the site email the route to your riding partners.

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

Mapquest is compatible with Garmin. I have the Zumo 450 and plan all of my rides on Mapquest then use the "send" feature to my Zumo. Takes about 2 seconds to do.

Make sure you have all of your avoidances turned off when you transfer from Mapquest. It screws with the data and changes your route if you have certain avoidances turned on.

Ben