IGNORED

2010 Yamaha/Star Lineup Unveiled

MAINEAC

Its not a major engineering change for Yamaha to add throttle body (I think they're called) EFI in place of the carbs, a sensor in the exhaust and a new computer which controls the EFI and ignition.

I'll wait a while before declaring the RSTD dead. maybe whatever change is being done for the California RSV is holding up the RSTD. or There appears to be plenty of 2008 and 2009 RSTDs in dealer inventory right now. It would be a possible business decision not to introduce a 2010 RSTD until inventory levels are down.

If there is any truth in the statement that the 2010 California Venture will be out in Feb, 2010, there is absolutley ZERO chance that the Venture is going to be discontinued after 2010. Think about it - what fool would spend the bucks required to make design changes to a 10 year old bike just to meet the new California emission standards so that they can sell maybe 9 of them in that state during the last half of the model year?

If they DO introduce a 2010 California version, it will be the basis of the Venture in the rest of the country for at least three more years. I do not know if it will be like our current RSV or not, but it just is not possible they will introduce a modified version for California with the plans already in place to then drop it within six months. That is even more bone-headed than the cassette deck!

Goose

I dont know its just what the guy was saying who knows if its true. A friend of mine is looking to get a 2nd Gen possibly. Maybe hes just trying to make a sale a clear a 2nd Gen. Take everything with a grain of salt when it comes to this subject.

I got a kick out of this little line...

"FJR1300: Available in January for $15,190 including standard ABS, the FJR that impressed us in our recent Sport-Touring Shootout now comes in a new Liquid Silver color."

Does yamaha really think they can raise prices? in this economy?

Sorry but if you're buying a bike, you can get any dealer to cut nearly 3 grand off the price of an FJR or anything else. Heck There is a metallic black 2009 in the showroom near me with everything but the wierd auto transmission for $10,900. bike dealers are hurting to get people to buy, there is no way they are selling bikes anywhere MSRP. buddy of mine even got a killer price on a 09 RSV he was sitting on, and he was not even buying, just waiting for me... the sales guy came out and said, "I'll take $2000.00 off that bike right now". Sales guy cringed when he asked, "Why does it have a cassette player?"

If there is any truth in the statement that the 2010 California Venture will be out in Feb, 2010, there is absolutley ZERO chance that the Venture is going to be discontinued after 2010. Think about it - what fool would spend the bucks required to make design changes to a 10 year old bike just to meet the new California emission standards so that they can sell maybe 9 of them in that state during the last half of the model year?

If they DO introduce a 2010 California version, it will be the basis of the Venture in the rest of the country for at least three more years. I do not know if it will be like our current RSV or not, but it just is not possible they will introduce a modified version for California with the plans already in place to then drop it within six months. That is even more bone-headed than the cassette deck!

Goose

I looked at the Ca board http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/hmc/2010/yamaha_m0030491_1294_2d5_hn.pdf

this is for the XVZ1300 still doesnt have fuel injection. Has PAIR or pulsed air for 2010.

Here is for the rest of the motorcycles. http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/hmc/2010/2010.php Yamahas are at the bottom.

I dont see anything other then the VMAX that has the vmax motor in it.

So I wouldnt say the guy I talked to was way off base. Unless someone can find something else to show different.

Guest tx2sturgis
Its not a major engineering change for Yamaha to add throttle body (I think they're called) EFI in place of the carbs, a sensor in the exhaust and a new computer which controls the EFI and ignition.

I'm not an engineer but I THINK they also have to do some retooling on the engine case and crankshaft for a crank position sensor...still, not a huge problem for a motor who's market life might be extended for a dozen years or more......

Guest tx2sturgis

I can save you folks ALL this uncertainty.

I have a crystal ball for rent. First weeks rent is $19,690...which coincidentally is the price for a brand new Venture!

Any victims...uh I mean takers?

:whistling:

i don`t understand yamaha, why don`t they do what they`ve done for 30yrs, put a de-tuned v-max motor in a strong chassis, steal some forks, shocks, brakes,etc, off of there other bikes, offer it in two models, cheap one 15k ( no air, radio, etc ), and a 2nd one with the kitchen sink. But as stated before, they will try to copy harley , a v-twin, 20yrs too late. Wasn`t yamaha late, with a touring bike, superbike, in the late 70`s , early 80`s, such a shame that a company with the technoledgy, can have a bunch of clowns running it, oh, i forgot remember the vision, v-twin, really a great bike, it was 20 years too early!

I'm not an engineer but I THINK they also have to do some retooling on the engine case and crankshaft for a crank position sensor...still, not a huge problem for a motor who's market life might be extended for a dozen years or more......

The igniter coil tells the computer that already. Or am I missing something... this is a sidebar, I know... :lightbulb:

btw. there is still the new (0 miles) old stock 2007 Midnight Venture for sale off ebay in Laredo for $11+ with 0 bids. I don't believe someone isn't buying this... :shock3:

btw. there is still the new (0 miles) old stock 2007 Midnight Venture for sale off ebay in Laredo for $11+ with 0 bids. I don't believe someone isn't buying this... :shock3:

I've been seeing a lot of these lately... Wish I had a few extra bucks laying around; I love the color scheme of my bike BUT I'd be willing to give that up for a new (0 miles) bike and a full 5 year warranty...

By the way:

the yamaha reps came and gave us a big power point of the new modles. and the rstd is dead and gone. sad as hell.

the rstd is dead. long live the rstd

relly blows.

So do you know anything else about the California edition of the 2010? or what else is to come with the RSV? :detective: