IGNORED

need help with question non moteercycle

TopV

Are there any members here who are retired military that also have worl long enough to collect social scurity. My question is is your social securty reduced due to goverment pension.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Joe

Ditto on thanks for your & all other's service to our country. my father collects both. i remember him saying at some point that the SS checks were reduced for anyone retiring after a certain date. i was young then & can't remember anymore details. if that is incorrect, you should get both in full. if specs did change, you will get both, one reduced.

Actually it works the other way around as I remember (which gets more difficult each day). I seem to remember that I got some credit for some of my 24 years in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club. Where you get screwed is is if you have a VA disability, as they (the military pay masters) subtract any VA compensation from your military retirement pay. So the bottom line is: The SSA likes (rewards) your military service and the Congress (who makes the retired paymaster deduct your offset) doesn't like your VA disability. Go figure.

John