IGNORED

H-D muffler conversion pics

Guest wrench

Guest wrench

I just added some pics of my "in-process" conversion from the Bub's to the H-D Ultras. I'm still waiting for my chrome V-Twin clamps to come in, and still need to finish fabbing the brackets. You can also see the problem I've been ranting about with the tips on the Bub's. I couldn't get the plugs knocked out of the H-D's, so I used a hole saw and cut them out. I really like the sound, which seems to be a deeper note, and the bigger cans really fill out the back end. I first tried the used ones I bought just in case I screwed them up, and I had a pretty hard time getting them slid up on the head pipes. When I tried the new set on they slid all the way up by hand. If you look at one of the pics you can see that they slide up even with the end of the heat shields, so the chrome clamps should finish them off nicely. I'll post finished pics probably this weekend, but so far so good. When this is finished I'll have a slightly used set of H-D's with the plugs out, and a VERY used set of Bub's for sale. But I may wind up having to plug the ends with corks and use them as pontoons if it don't quit raining here!

UPDATE; Project is finished.

The Bub's are sold, and I just posted the HD's in classifieds.

Edited by wrench