IGNORED

HD announcement

Guest Ken8143

Tonight in the news they announced that the Harley Davidson plant here in York PA is closing for 4 days around thanksgiving - 4 unpaid days for the workers. Slow sales was the reason given. I hated to hear that. They said a lot of the people would be off hunting ---

Well what do you know, slow sale. It was just a matter of time. HD can't put out a line of bike that cost $16,000 to $22,000 that have trans , engine noise, and heat problem and ignore the problems. I consider buying a Ultra. Thats while I sold my 05 RSV midnight. Now that I became aware of the issues theres no way I would put out that kind of money and get less of a bike then the RSV. HD needs to wake up and take care of thier customer base.

All you need to do is look at a one year chart of their stock price to see why they are closing down:cool10: Man, I am getting killed. I figured I would ride a nice dependable Yamaha, while I made $$$$ on the HD mystique, worked for awhile, not this year though. Craig

Slow sales are probably due to the overall economic slowdown and of couurse the premium price tag, when things go bad the luxury items are the first thing to go, fortunately for me I commute on my bikes so they aren't luxury items, well that and I'd be in the nut house by now without the stress therapy.