IGNORED

gps/ipod problem

I have the same rig except Satellite radio instead of IPOD. The 2720 is mono output. Maybe see if you can first get a mono to stereo adapter for the GPS out. When I did that, the sat radio volume dropped significantly in both speakers even with the 2720 on and not talking.

Then I went to two Ground Loop Isolators which performed the function of isolating the signals from each other. That worked fine but still the overall radio volume was too low when the gps was on plus I needed a ton of adapters to make it all work.

I got fed up, clipped off all the ends and hard wired everything into my own passive mixer which works great at complete signal isolation and independant volume control. Both devices can be on at the same time and when the GPS speaks, the radio is not affected. Only thing to do is adjust the mixer to a comfortable volume ratio between the two.

I know there are devices out there that will cut the radio/ipod volume when the gps speaks but they are pricey. There are also off the shelf passive mixers available.

My post on the subject is here: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35536

Pictures of the progressions I took are at http://picasaweb.google.com/ablumny/VentureStuff# (mixed in with other pics)

I hope this helps, not makes it worse! Let me know if I can help....

I think I got it. I had a stereo to stereo adapter in there. I replaced with a mono to stereo, kept both channels, just the volume dropped. Added a bosstaroo to the IPOD and got most of the volume back, just lost whatever little bass I had. I dont use the nav all that much so when I do I will just deal with the lost low end.