IGNORED

Luggage removal question

NUB

Hello from Alabama.I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question,as I am a new member here.My first touring bike.A1983 XVZ Venture.I am waiting on gasket so I'm piddling around getting to know My new ride.A simple question.How do I remove the luggage? I guess I'm just nto seeing the obvious! Thanks in advance, Nub

Edited by NUB
misspelling

My first touring bike.A1983 XVZ Venture.I am waiting on gasket so I'm piddling around getting to know My new ride.A simple question.How do I remove the luggage? I guess I'm just nto seeing the obvious! Thanks in advance, Nub

Look at the front end of the saddlebags, you should see a key slot on each one. Rotate key & tap the saddlebags to the back (by hand). If these have not been used for a long time, the lock assy will need to be removed for servicing (cleaning & lube). They are held in by 3 screws, open the saddlebags, to get at the screws. The rear trunk retaining lock is below the opening lock & the trunk pushes forward to unlatch from the mount.

Thanks for the info Rocket.I guess the old key slots were shot.They were replaced with brackets welded on with a wing nut to take off to slide them back.I had taken the driver back rest off and had the brackets kinda in the way for two up riding.The saddle bags were in the way of removing some of the hardware.thanks again.Nub