IGNORED

need advise

gunboat

hi all

i need some electrical advise on a 2002 ford windstar mini van. not mine but a friend of ventureriders. it would not start even with jumper cables. took battery out and down to auto parts store. they tested it, was low on charge but good battery. they charged it to specs. the ternamels were dirty as well as the battery clamps. cleaned all of them.

before putting battery back in used jumper cables to start the van, van started up. installed battery. thought everything was ok. but now the remote door opener won't unlock the doors. also the radio does not come on and the twin side doors will not open with the electric motors. doors will open manualy. have checked all the fuses and rotated the control relay for the doors with another same rated relay from another circut. no fix.

they said the remote door opener was working before removing battery. anyone have ideas.

thanks in advance

don c.

If its like my camaro & monti carlo you will have to reprogram the system by using code numbers using the am/fm radio if not it will need to go to the dealer....

some units need constant power to keep the memory going if power is lost the system will shut down untill it is reprogrammed. We use power pack with cords by the way of the cigarette lighter so when the battery is removed the system still has power to the computer systems

Buddy

Edited by buddy