IGNORED

Dayna Ignition System

bokeifus

Im considering getting the Dydna 3000 ingition system for the 2nd Gen. I was wondering if anyone on this site has used one, and could pass on a little advice.

1) Do they increase H.P.?

2) Are they easy to setup to increase RPM range of the bike?

Thanks, BoKeifUS

i would not have a second gen without the dyna 3000. the plus is you can increase your rev limit. i had mine set at 7500 rpm and it was still pulling hard when it hit the limiter. it also will advance the spark slightly. it makes a most noticible difference. throw on some good mufflers, and a little carb jetting and you will have trouble keeping the front wheel on the ground two up on a roll on. mine ran real good for a 900 lb. bike. just don't pick on no wings. i highly recommend the up grade. bill :)

That brings up another question. You said something about jetting to go along with this little project. How do you know what to do? Theres jets of all sizes, and knowing just what to use seems very complicated...

I have a set of Barron Pipes already, Love um! I hade to plug the emition stuff off though.

So, if I do this ignition system, anyone have any advise on jets? I know all 4 carbs take different sizes, but I havnt seen any real good advise on how to go about doing them.

You guys have been a great help. I love this site!:big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks, Keith

That brings up another question. You said something about jetting to go along with this little project. How do you know what to do? Theres jets of all sizes, and knowing just what to use seems very complicated...

I have a set of Barron Pipes already, Love um! I hade to plug the emition stuff off though.

So, if I do this ignition system, anyone have any advise on jets? I know all 4 carbs take different sizes, but I havnt seen any real good advise on how to go about doing them.

You guys have been a great help. I love this site!:big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks, Keith

if you have the bag slashers, drill your pilot jets out .0015 .these bikes run a lean pilot circuit do to pollution regs.. you can get the pin drills at a hobby shop. you will also need the pin drill holder. don't use an electric drill. you drill them buy hand. the main circuit is slightly rich from the factory but with the increase in the rev limit it will be slightly lean above 5500 rpm. i would recommend drilling the main jets out .002 larger. i never buy jets unless i go smaller. the drills for the main jets have to be special ordered. it is not necessary to drill the mains. i did'nt do mine cuz i did'nt have the drill. i was going to do it at a later date. there is a few more horse power to be had if you drill the mains but won't hurt anything if you don't. working on these carbs is a major job. they have to come off. so if you are not equipped to do it don't start. just doing the pilot jets makes an unbelievable seat of the pants difference. big improvement in low end and midrange throttle responce. mine would get very light in the front end on a low gear roll on. you need to be ready to shift fast cuz 7500 comes up very fast. la pryor was behind me in a.r a couple of years ago and he said it sounds like your bike is cutting out. i was banging the limiter at 7500 in 1rst and 2nd. hope this info helps. bill :2133: