IGNORED

high speed wobble

Silver Bullet

• 3 weeks later...

I had a high speed wobble with both my BFG T/A Radial, and my 165/80 Kumho.

The wobble went away as I got either broke in and found my sweet spot.

I think it has a lot to do with the sidewalls...they aren't made the same as a MT, and tend to sway a bit....

Once the tire has been ran out a bit...maybe 500 miles...possibly over 1000, and you get the air at the right psi....I think the overall integrity balances out and the sweet spot makes the tire work just right for that particular tire and rider.

I ride aggressively...I had the wobble at 80mph plus on the BFG before breaking in and adjusting the psi. With the Kumho the wobble didn't show until 90mph. After about 500 miles and adjusting the psi down to 32lbs...I can do over 100 and with no wobble.

My break in psi was 45lbs on the BFG, and 38lbs on the Kumho.

I am convinced that each tire, rider and ride style combination is unique. By reading what others are doing, and experimenting a little, you can find a starting point and work into your sweet spot.

Also I think that the more you ride on the CT, the better it's going to feel...or should I say the more you ride on the more you'll get used to it, and it will feel better.

I don't even think about it anymore....At first, I was watching for anything out of the ordinary and trying to analyze what was happening.....now I just ride, and don't even remember half the time that I am on the darkside until someone notices the weird tire on my bike...LOL