IGNORED

headlight bar issue

apparent misadjusted signal-passing lamp bar......

has about an 1/16 inch between passing lamp housing and upper body work on right about 1/2 inch on the left.

No apparent adjustment on the bar/bracket - does not appear bent

Drifter02,

You could try to loosen the two attach allen head mounting bolts on the passing lamp bar (behind snap on chrome piece on bar) and see if there is enough "play" in the mounting holes to adjust it where one can not notice the difference in the spaceing as much.

If this does not work, you can enlarge the mounting bracket holes (drill the mounting holes out a little oversize) to where you can adjust it some. :confused24:

Mine are not exactly perfect either, but on mine you really have to stare at it to notice.

If you need help, p-email me and I will call you.

Also did anyone else buy a used under warranty and have difficulty getting card changed over for remainder?

The Dealer should not give you ANY grief of transfering any remaining warrenty of the bike from previous owner to you provided there "IS" warrenty time left on the bike.

If I go by your site name (Drifter02)..I assume you have an 02 model, and if I am correct..the 5 yr warrenty expired in 07 on that bike (if it is an 02 model).

2nd gen Venture's come with a 5 yr warrenty..

Actually, a short story, the 02 came from previous Kawasaki Drifter (2002) the newly acquired Midnight Venture is a 2006, dealer did the necessary paperwork, however was wondering if I would get a warranty card in my name or just use the one the prior owner left in the packet

Hope this helps you.

EDIT:

OPS, I thought I was answering your post in the "Quote" section, and here I clicked on edit by mistake.

After I posted I hit save, and realized I was in edit.

Gosh I am so sorry I deleted a small part of your original post my friend...really am sorry.

Edited by Drifter02

Also did anyone else buy a used under warranty and have difficulty getting card changed over for remainder?

My manual (for the RSTD) said that for the warranty to transfer, you needed the dealer to perform a warranty inspection. When I took it to the dealer and asked for that, they scratched their head because no one had ever asked. Nor had anyone ever requested the warranty information be formally transferred, which I did. There is supposed to be a process, and I wanted to make sure there was no mistake later.

The mechanic asked if it was running OK -- that was the inspection! -- and the secretary made some calls and figured out how to do the appropriate database chore. Other than that, it was no problem.

My remaining task is to go to the original dealer with the bill of sale and get the keycode so I can have a duplicate key. Don't forget that.