IGNORED

Cyber U-12 Helmet

Venturing Sole

I tried jumping on the back end of another thread fishing for comments, but may have confused folks on what I was looking for. I'll try again with a new thread...

I've been looking to get a 3/4 helmet. My HJC shorty doesn't position the headset speakers over my ears and I get a hot spot at the top of my left ear. I like HJC, I have a Symax flip chin full face helmet I like alot, but I want a "Summer" helmet. I've seen the catalog pictures of the AC3 and the testimonials on previous threads here are encouraging, but then I came across a catalog listing for a Cyber U-12.

I'm wondering if anyone has this Cyber U-12 helmet and what you think of it. It looks like it has the best of both worlds. A skeletonized visor and a face shield that seems to flip up under the visor. I wonder if there are ear pockets in the lining for speakers and whether the bottom edge of the helmet will take the headset boom clamp (J&M). I wonder if the visor will stay up in the wind or if the wind causes it to close. I like the styling of the Cyber U-12 helmet and the price is comparable to the HJC.

Anyone with any history with this Cyber U-12 helmet?

Thanks.

David

I had the U-12 and generally liked it really well. There are no pockets for the speakers so I just cut the foam out. It did well enough for me. There is enough room for the mike with the visor down, but my visor did not seal that well at the top and would allow some rain to get inside. Not much but some. The visor did stay where you put it though, no wind effect at all. I had also gotten the U-12 for Debbie and she HATED it. Just didn't fit her well at all.