IGNORED

splicing radio antenna wire

Having a hard time finding coax couplers for the antenna wire cant find any for that size of cable. What is that size called? I have went to a rubber shorty antenna with a different mount im going trunkless. Still in the process of making mine a poor mans hot rod street glide. Or can I run the new antenna cable to the radio will it plug in? Also my cruise does not work powers on but that's it. I have cleaned the switch at handle bar. Next step?

Antenna for radio only is much less sensitive than if you have a CB. For radio you can twist and wrap the cable just don't short it out and it will likely work fine.

If you have the splitter still on your bike, I think it uses the motorola connector and you can get those at Radio Shack and run a new cable.

I don't know the Venture CB, but CBs in general used the PL-259 connectors.

The original MKII design has a single antenna with a center load and the coax is hardwired into the antenna (no connector). The end in the right fairing has a Motorola connector (like for the old radio type) that plugs into the splitter. From the splitter the antenna is connector to the CB with a short cable with a PL-259 connector and the other cable goes to the radio via the multi connector under the radio control.

One of best things I did was the Marshall Mod and installed two antennas and ran a cable directly to the the CB and another directly to the radio (maybe through the splitter - don't remember).

If you don't have the CB it should be easy to hook up the cable to the splitter.

Dave