IGNORED

rear wheel needle bearing

coffy

Hi, just wondering if anybody can help with my question, I have had the rear wheel bearings pressed out of wheel by a machinist, but problem i have now is that i need to know which way the needle roller bearing which press,s into the left drive side of hub, as one end of bearing has a seal built into it,i askedd machinist which way it came out when pressed, he not sure as a staff member in workshop did it, so does seal face in or does it face out, I might add that there is also a seal theat press, s in after seal,

all help appreciated

Hi, just wondering if anybody can help with my question, I have had the rear wheel bearings pressed out of wheel by a machinist, but problem i have now is that i need to know which way the needle roller bearing which press,s into the left drive side of hub, as one end of bearing has a seal built into it,i askedd machinist which way it came out when pressed, he not sure as a staff member in workshop did it, so does seal face in or does it face out, I might add that there is also a seal theat press, s in after seal,

all help appreciated

Sorry, I have no knowledge other than to guess that with an added seal outside of the bearing, it would be unlikely to double up the seal unless this extra seal is more of just a dust cover. If removing that extra seal lets you access the bearing to repack grease then that would be another indication as well.

I only responded to say that you might get more pertinent info by posting in the "Second Gen Tech Talk" section. You may be able to search for "wheel bearings" in that forum or in the Tech Library for info and maybe photos of the procedure.