IGNORED

Lowering front end possible addendum......

So I bought the Barons rear lowering kit for my 02 RSV because my legs don't hit the ground flatly.  The kit was not bad.  Instructions are ok.  a little vague on the caliper relocation bracket orientation.  

After I installed that, my GF and I went for a test ride.  Immediately we were scraping the exhaust in mild turns.  The rear shock was at about 40.  So  I decided to lower the front.  

I could not get on the site yesterday to look at the procedure.  Luckily I read through it twice and have a repair manual.  They said before to take and separate all the wires.  That was a LOT OF WIRES!  I decided against it.  I also had extras from a Bluetooth accessory.  What I found instead was that if you are in the garage and have a couple extra ratchet straps available, you can suspend the fairing away from the frontend enough to get all the necessary bolts removed.  Saves a lot of time and frustration in my opinion.  I also used a ratchet strap to move the forks up in the bracket.  Hitting it with my deadblow was getting me nowhere.  I removed the top sidebolt clamp with the lower one loosened, sprayed a little PB blaster in the immediate are and then used a large flathead screwdiver to wedge open the clamp just a tiny little bit.  I of course cleaned all the penetrant off the forks before reassembly.

I'm happy to report that with the 1.5 inch lowered rear, 1 inch lowered front and 58 PSI in the rear shock, we no longer scrape at all and the bike handles wonderfully!  So much easier to manage at low speeds and at a stop sign.  I can put my feet flatly on the ground and feels so much more stable.

• Like 1