IGNORED

Plastic carb drain elbow

Morning everyone,

I was removing carbs yesterday to do a thorough cleaning. Upon removal I heard a snap, but didn't see anything obvious, at first. Once fully removed I noticed one of the drain hoses lying on floor.

The hose nipple snapped off the #1 carb drain. I cannot locate a part number for this anywhere.

Do these just pull out, or unscrew from there location? I could possibly glue it back together if I can remove the piece without further damage.

Thanks

carb drain.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I did the same thing on my #4 carb.  My understanding is that this is not a part that can be bought or generally found separately.  I can't say if it's easy to pull and replace one - since I couldn't source a replacement, I didn't bother trying to remove my broken one.  I did try repairing it using a bit of a brass pilot (??) jet, then JB Weld'ing it all together.  Seemed to hold just fine....until I attempted to reinstall the carb bank.  Tried a couple of times, each with the same result, so I just gave up on it.  Maybe others will have some better suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 8:01 PM, Mach VIII said:

I did the same thing on my #4 carb.  My understanding is that this is not a part that can be bought or generally found separately.  I can't say if it's easy to pull and replace one - since I couldn't source a replacement, I didn't bother trying to remove my broken one.  I did try repairing it using a bit of a brass pilot (??) jet, then JB Weld'ing it all together.  Seemed to hold just fine....until I attempted to reinstall the carb bank.  Tried a couple of times, each with the same result, so I just gave up on it.  Maybe others will have some better suggestions.

I kind of figured it wasnt a replacable part. I cannot find a listing for it anywhere, so I am just going to leave it alone. Thanks