IGNORED

Voice Recognition Issues

Is anyone else having issues with the voice recognition? I used to be able to tell the bike to call home or play music, but that went all kinds of weird after I updated to 12.06. Now when I tell it to call home it comes back with "Entry not in phone book" or "Say a name or number" and when I do say a name it pops up with options on the screen that are all wrong. Also, if I manually search the phone book and manually place the call, the person on the other end can't hear me.

Just to make sure it wasn't my microphone, I plugged in my wife's helmet and got the exact same behavior. So I went in and turned off voice recognition, turned it back on and everything started working again. I thought "OK a little glitch that I can deal with". NOPE.

On the ride this morning I tried to make a call and got the same run around. I turned VR off and then back on and still got the run around.

Any suggestions before I contact Yamaha?

Thanks,

Try completely unpairing your phone from the bike (delete the entry on the bike for your phone and on your phone for the bike) and then rediscover and re-pair it. Mine got flaky after the update to 12.06 and I had to do that to straighten it out.

Try completely unpairing your phone from the bike (delete the entry on the bike for your phone and on your phone for the bike) and then rediscover and re-pair it. Mine got flaky after the update to 12.06 and I had to do that to straighten it out.

Roger that!! Thanks for the advice.

So yesterday I unpaired and re-paired my phone and the system worked just fine, but this morning it wouldn't work again. If I have to un-pair and re-pair every time I start the bike things are gonna get frustrating pretty quick.