IGNORED

Clutch: Should there be something between boss and basket ?

InkedIMG_20170618_142225_LI.jpg

Should there be spacer or something between clutch basket and clutch boss ?

I'm asking because the clutch was stuck and only way I could get the clutch to work was loose little the center bolt.

Here's background. I've no idea of the history of this bike. It runs but the clutch didn't work. This is how I recall. There was no fluid when I started.

Day 1

Put fluids. Bled the clutch. Lever comes only little in. Doesn't work

Day 2

Revided the slave cylinder. Bled the clutch. Lever comes only little in. Doesn't work

Day 3

opened the clutch cover. push rod was stuck. got it moving. The clutch doesn't work.

Day 4 Removed the slave and the clutch cover. The rod was moving. Put the pressure plate back. The clutch doesn't work. The push rod was too far out. Pushed it in. Bled the clutch. The clutch doesn't work. The pressure plate was moving nicely when I pressed clutch

Revided the master cylinder. Bled the clutch. The clutch doesn't work.

Day 5. I took the friction plates out until the string. wasn't able to move separately the boss and the basket. There were stuck to together.

Started to open the big middle bolt holding the boss. Only then the basket and the boss were moving separetly when the middle bolt was loosened.

If I tighten the center bolt again isn't that like having the boss and basket bolted together if there's nothing between.

By now you might know that this is the first time for to work on xvz clutch.

The slave and the master are working properly. I can see the pressure plate moving nicely

I tried to look schematics, but didn't understand

Thank you in advance, you know these things so well.

Anssi

Well. Found it. It was on the wrong side of the boss. Put back where it should be. Now the clutch works.

I googled the part number, when saw a picture of the part I realised that the part is there. What a nightmare. Wish i had found it sooner.

Although I'm happy that I did the slave, and master cylinder. Unfortunately broke the clutch electric switch when removing the master cylinder.

That's now fixed.

BTW the trick to make the slave cylinder easier was loosen the bolt holding the wire holder leftside of slave cylinder. So i was able turn that metal thingy aside.

Best,

A

prikka.jpg