IGNORED

Refurbishing my 1983

After rebuilding my carbs, replacing both tires, replacing the fork seals and oil, changing the oil and filter and replacing the air filter I am down to my brakes. Tried to bleed them without flushing the lines, was not going to happen. I ended up completely rebuilding both master cylinders and brake calipers. Then proceeded to bleed the system. No way. There are a white substance blocking the hoses and noticeably in the master cylinders and brake calipers. So, I am making braided steel lines for all the lines. Doing away with linked braking (which I hate any way) by installing new front lines with a double banjo bolt on the front master cylinder and a single line with a blind plug to do away with the balance line on the rear master cylinder. I am leaving the black lines on the anti-dive valves as (in my option) was a waste of time anyway. I will post pictures at the end of next week when I finish, hopefully I will by Friday. Oh yes, forgot to mention I replaced the clutch slave cylinder with a new one from Yamaha, they still have five complete units in stock in the warehouse. The engine runs like day one with 28K miles on it. I have decided to put off the transmission fix until next year maybe. Thoughts on this? The shifting is perfect at present.