IGNORED

Any tricks to put Diamond R armrests on Hannigan RSV Trike

kensattitude

Since Carbon_One sold his "test" trike and has nothing to fit his armrests to, I broke down and got a set of Diamond R armrests. Some of the body is in the way for a direct approach like removing saddlebags, so, do any of you know any tricks to get these things bolted (don't plan on using screws) on. I have thought of using radiator clamps to attach them to the grab handles then removing from the trike and drill from reverse. Any suggestions will be accepted.

I just installed them on my Venture. NOT A TRIKE ....BUT..... Here is what I used and needed.

1) Drill with small bit (pilot hole)

2)11 y.o. son complaining that he is tired of holding armrest in place

3) 15 y.o. daughter telling me im not straight and lined up so it might be "a little off"

lol

I opened the saddlebags and put the drill inside shot the self tappers up never removed anything and mine are aligned correct. I have read others removed saddlebags, but I am guessing its because there drill was not a snub nose drill (shorty) like min. Whole thing took me about 20 mine. most of that time was walking back and forth eyeballing to make sure everything was straight. with an audience of the 2 I mentioned above plus my wife and 2 other daughters (14 and 20 years old). In the end they are on straight and both my wife and son (he rides more than anyone) say they feel good. There are other issues I don't like about them but nothing to do with installation!!!

GOOD LUCK

Edited by Sisbaiken

Your household sounds like mine..........TOO MANY CHIEFS AND NOT ENOUGH INDIANS. Today I waited till my son went to bed, daughter in law took my Explorer to Dry Ridge, and granddaughters went to school. Shop/garage is much quieter when spectators are not around because sometimes my Navy language slips out and I don't have to explain what I just said.