IGNORED

Attn: Pappa Bear and others -- Quick Clot

lonestarmedic

I have ordered some samples and the DVD information concerning the products. I also ordered the training videos. In addition I am getting the information on the Emergency Pressure Dressing also known as an Israeli Dressing. I will have all of this available in a few weeks. I have space available for a website that I have never used. I think I will host some of this stuff there. If there is interest, I can try and put together an emergency first aid for motorcyclists type thing. I can also demonstrate some of these things at M&E's or rallies.

JB

Quick clot works well when it is used what it was designed for and applied correctly. Deviate from either and it's just another granule mixture. However with that being said direct pressure and a tourniquet, I'm gathering we are talking severe bleeding if quick clot is being used, should still be used/thought of.

I agree completely. Quick clot works great but has a lot of caveats. As we discussed a couple of weeks ago it creates a lot of heat and also a mess in the wound. I much prefer the pressure dressings and pressure points. But, on a back country road in a ditch the quick clote would be a friend. We can get into tourniquets at a later time---- use of one does NOT mean you will lose that limb. I will dig out some papers that I have written and a video or two dealing with them also. Thanks for chiming in WIKD. Nice to see another FF on the site.

JB

No problem. I'm always happy to give my .02:whistling:

Actually on a back country road with an open wound in an extremity it would help till medivac arrived. Just make sure everyone carrying it knows how to use it. I've watched even trained professionals who didn't take the time to inservice themselves use it incorrectly and it doesn't do a thing.